- Thank you Lorette for taking really good care of us, we felt at home. You are the best host ever. We are very happy with your service. Liberty
- A highly delighted Diutlwileng Family wishes to Thank you for an awesome wedding. Thank-you for helping us create a sweet memory of our wedding. We really enjoyed and had fun. Thank you very much for everything you did for us. Tshepo & Rose
- Morning Lorette,Thanks again for everything you and your farther did for us on Sunday with the tasters of the food – we had such a great time and are now even more excited about December Besides the beautiful venue, the effort that you’ve put in to make it easy for us, is something that no else could match Have a super day.Ellie Robinson
- Hi Lorette,
When we started looking for a wedding venue last year the overall package prices were disheartening. We have a large family and didn’t want to spend all of our savings on a venue, my mother gave me the advertisement of Heavenly Events that she cut out of a newspaper and I looked at the pictures on the site before making an appointment. I was not in mood to go and almost cancelled the morning we drove to the venue but my fiancé said we’ll just go check it out. We got out at the venue and what came to mind is that those comments on the venue’s web page that I did not believe “when we got out of the car we both knew this was where we are going to get married” came to mind. It was beautiful and the photos on the website did not do it any justice! We knew we had found our venue and without saying a word we just drank it the views and surroundings.From there everything ran smoothly, if we wanted something changed or had an out of the ordinary request Lorette was ready to assist with a smile. I could not be happier or more impressed with the service we had received. Lorette definitely lessened the stress that comes with planning a wedding and I cannot thank her, her husband and her father enough for their hard work, endless patience, smiles and excellence of the service provided.
There is not a thing that I would change, our wedding day was nothing but perfect and all of our 130 guests are still calling it our ‘fairytale wedding’. Getting married on the banks of the river created such a romantic and relaxing atmosphere that every one of our guests are still talking about how they have never been to such a beautiful and fun wedding.Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, words cannot express how you added to our special day and we will highly recommend you to anyone who wishes to get married or any other function. You guys are awesome and we look back knowing that you became like friends and family rather than a vendor offering a service.
- Hi Lorette, Machiel and I were getting a bit worried when we started looking for wedding venues, we visited several venues in the Vaal triangle area but they did not have what we were looking for, then we came across your venue. When we arrived for our fist visit we were blown away, firstly by the enthusiasm you showed in your approach to our wedding and then the breath taking views. When we left we had no doubt where we would celebrate the happiest day of our lives at Heavenly Events. Your hands on approach really impressed us over the year of planning for the wedding. As we know there are always a hiccup or two when planning a wedding, but when confronted by those hiccups you stepped in to save the day and for that we are extremely grateful!! When the special day arrived we knew that we could relax and enjoy the wedding without worries and that really meant a lot to us. We will definitely recommend your venue to everyone. Thanks for everything.
Lenelle & Machiel Bresser
- Neels and I got engaged in November 2010 and knew we wanted to get married as soon as possible. In February we finally decided on the 16th April. The first venue that we visited was Heavenly Events Venue @ Heaven on Vaal and after speaking to Lorette, who had to most lively personality we looked no further. Heavenly Events was the venue we chose. And we were in good hands. We only had about 3 months to put the whole thing together and through everything Lorette was an absolute star.
- We did not want the traditional sit down dinner, throwing of the bouquet and garter, full of speeches wedding. We wanted a funky, lively affair and decided on a cocktail wedding full of colour and spunk. We had couches, bar chairs and tables all around in vibrant colours, instead of sherry Lorette put different kinds of shooters in the sherry tree for us. They made 3 different kinds of cocktails for the guest. Our food was a selection of amazing Canapés done by Lorette’s caterer. The whole venue was lit up with different LCD lights, supplied by DJ Roger, even the cupcake stand done by Theo – also a recommended by Lorette.
What more can I say, everything was PERFECT!We originally wanted to get married outside on the grass tiers but unfortunately it rained so Lorette and her team, very prepared for all circumstances, prepared the inside of the chapel for us. Everything worked out beautifully in the end. We had a stunning ceremony in the chapel. Lorette had pink & black gum boots and when she established we were the same shoe size she immediately offered them to me. She also brought her white warm boots for me to wear as the day was so cold. To our surprise it stopped raining and we were able to take all the pictures we wanted and more. Her wonderful dad took us out on the boat to the island for an even more romantic setting for beach pictures. When we came back DJ Roger was already playing great music and the bar service was excellent.All the guests had such a great time and everyone was impressed by the professionalism and friendly atmosphere created by Lorette and the Team at Heavenly Events Venue.We could not have asked for a better more special day. It was the absolute best.
We just want to thank you for everything you really made our day so special for us. We can’t thank-you enough. You guys are the BEST! We will forever be grateful.
Love Elaine and Neels Saaiman
- Thank you for everything. Our wedding was perfectQuintin and I got engaged in 2009 and decided to get married Oct 2010. After visiting 5 venues we landed up at Heaven at Vaal, and immediately decided this is THE venue. We moved to Cape Town during this and returned 1 week before our wedding to get everything sorted. Lorette was very helpful over emails to assist us with planning from Cape Town.On the Wednesday before our Wedding day we decided to get married outside. The grass tiers right on the banks of the river was absolutely stunning but the ground where the gazebo was to be set up was a bit uneven – to our surprise when we got their Friday to start unpacking Heavenly Events Venue @ Heaven on Vaal had built a platform where the gazebo was set up for a beautiful outside wedding with the river and rocks as our back drop.
Lorette and her team was very helpful with everything the day /week before the wedding.On our wedding day – everything was handled very professionally and Lorette was always around keeping an eye on everything.
The set up was done and my dream day was reality. Her father took us out on a boat to take pictures on the island where there is sand that is like beach sand, on the rocks etc – We had loads of fun
The food was fabulous and more than enough – with some of our rugby friends dishing up to 3 times….
The wedding was perfect and we partied till late, upon entering the honeymoon suite – they made it so special with bath oils, cream and chocolates.The next morning we woke up for a lovely breakfast overlooking the river (very peaceful)Our wedding weekend was absolutely perfect! I could not have dreamt of anything betterLorette – thank you so much for all your help, you calmed my nerves and always helped with idea’s and solutions.
I will absolutely recommend your venue to anyone and everyone.Kind regards
Jorica & Quintin Snyman
- I went to a wedding at Heaven on Vaal, on 5th June – I am a friend of the groom’s. Lorette, who was in charge with the main running of the venue is delightful to deal with! I didn’t actually chat to her but I watched how she is with people. The bar was run smoothly and efficiently and had a fantastic variety of drink, the kitchen had not very much in it yet the Chef was smiling all evening and couldn’t do enough to help the guests with whatever they needed, and not showing a pinch of stress, and presented the most incredible food (namely the Gammon, the brandy tart and the chocolate sauce!!!)I have ever had at a wedding. The wedding cake (done by who I don’t know!) was something that I didn’t want to see eaten it was so beautiful and when I did take the plunge, I only wanted more! They have definitely made full use of the fantastic river views and the accommodation was more than substantial, price suitable too. This is a fairly new venue I gather. I take my hat off to all at Heaven On Vaal – you did a fantastic job! Well done! I highly recommend you! Eldorette
- So nice to know you had a good time at our Venue. Yes Lorette is an absolute gem and really gives our guests valuable service. We are very priveleged to have the river view extending across the Bays of Goosebay Canyon as well as being part of the prestine Ridges of Porcupine Ridge Eco Estate. As for Margie, our Catering Manager, yes she is totally ‘unflappable’ and provides fabulous mouthwatering cuisine that suits everyones tastes. We pride ourselves in our accommodation that also makes good use of our river views and Kim is the angel of Heaven Accommodation who ensures that our facility is without doubt nothing but ‘Heaven on Vaal’ Hugh Temlett – MD
- Just want to say a BIG thank you for making our dream come true. You are such a friendly and polite lady. Thanks for helping with all the arrangements. You really made us and our guests feel at home. Saturday felt like we were really in “Heaven” on vaal. Please say thank you to your dad, Vivian and Kim for everything. Cant wait to show you some of the photos when we get them. Hope that all goes well for all of you at Heaven on vaal. Love Natalie & Justin.
- Everything I needed help with I just had to ask and I received it. Our day was perfect. Toekie
- We had a wonderful wedding and Lorette is an excellent wedding event manager and was very accommodating with all our requests. Kelly Picken
Bayanda and I want to thank you for the excellent service, beautifully arranged setup, and high quality food at the wedding. I can’t even begin to tell you how much we appreciate your support in making our day so special. You and your staff did such an amazing job with everything (with a lovely smile at all times). I am still getting compliments from our guests. The boat was a breath taker. I’m also told that guests were able to eat more than one plate as they enjoyed the food and there was more than enough. Everyone told us that they had the most fun there and that it was one of the best wedding receptions that they had ever been to. Bayanda and I have been and will continue to suggest your services to anyone looking for a wedding venue. Our reception has left us with so many wonderful memories. Again, thank you so much for all you’ve done.
Sincerely Nkateko and Bayanda
We hope that you are well and happy!
We would just like to say a big, big, big thank you for giving us the wedding of our dreams.
From the moment we met you, we knew that we were in good hands and that you would put your all into giving us the wedding we were hoping to have and ultimately received!
Your warm manner, openness and fun personality made working with you an absolute treat. Your passion, creativity and love for ‘LOVE’ resulted in us having an unforgettable time.
You were happy to accommodate our every need and were always willing to hear and implement our new and ‘strange’ ideas – which ultimately allowed us to have such a unique and ‘perfectly-us’ wedding.
We are so grateful for all your effort, time and passion – affording us the opportunity to begin our beautiful marriage with a spectacular start.
Please see attached photos of our special day you created….
Thank you again.
Hope you have a lovely day
Marius & Jenna